As disciples of Jesus, we believe we are called to share God’s love with one another. Therefore, the members and friends of First Community UMC have devoted some of our time and energy to serve our neighbors through various activities and programs by …
- Supporting Justice for Our Neighbors (JFON)
- Donating non-perishable food items to local Food Pantries
- Contributing to “Sox for Socks”, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program’s Annual Sock Drive
- Social Works at Massachusetts Department of Children and Families
- Providing Medford families in need with Christmas gifts
Outreach Ministries | Summer Mini-Missions: Now that we have returned to “in-person” worship, FCUMC’s outreach is returning as well! This summer we are supporting two missions!
- Community Cupboard Food Pantry*: The food pantry is in need of non-persishable food items and school supplies.
- Social Workers at Massachusetts Department of Children and Families are in need of 2 ounce size bottles of hand sanitizers.
*If you know someone who is experiencing food insecurity, Community Cupboard Food Pantry is located at the Unitarian-Universalist Church of Medford, 147 High Street, open every Thursday from 6:00pm to 7:30pm and provides food to anyone in need. You must be 18 or older to receive items from the pantry.
You may bring donations to Sunday worship or contact Luci Rexroad, Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop off day and time at the church.