Add our Event Calendar to your personal Gmail account: Do you use Google calendar to manage appointments? You can add “First Community UMC – Medford, MA” to your personal Gmail calendar. Follow this link: Link FCUMC Gmail Calendar. Need technical assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday’s Worship Service Bulletin will be available to view or download on the Friday before the service.
Sunday, April 10 | Palm Sunday | Worship Service | 10:30 AM: Nataly Romero, Guest Student Pastor “Hosanna… What Kind of King is Jesus?” If you are not ready to join us “in-person”, you may view the service online. If you are a Facebook user, go to: https://www.facebook.com/firstcommunityumc. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can may view the service by clicking on the Facebook icon on this webpage.
Outreach Ministries | April’s Mini-Mission | Donations for UMCOR | United Methodist Committee On Relief: For info about this month’s mini-mission, visit https://firstcommunitymedford.org/ministeries/.
First Community Approaches Its Bicentennial! by Luci Rexroad, Planning Coordinator: Almost two hundred years ago, in 1823, a Methodist Society of forty members was organized in the city of Medford. We will celebrate our bicentennial in 2023.
People who were around in 1976 probably remember the Bicentennial Celebrations held both nationwide and locally to mark 200 years after the American colonies declared their independence from Great Britain. Queen Elizabeth II visited Boston and spoke from the balcony of the Old State House, where on July 18, 1776, the people of Boston gathered to hear the Declaration of Independence read. I don’t think there will be any royalty in Medford in 2023, but please watch for an announcement about a Bicentennial committeee and how you can be part of the planning for our celebration.
*NEW* BUILDING POLICY: As of Sunday, April 4, we have updated our COVID Building policy.
- Face coverings are not required when entering the church; however, we do recommend face coverings be worn.
- Each group will continue to maintain an attendance list for each meeting|event held in the church and, upon request, will be prepared to share the list with the Office Manager and/or Trustees.
- We are no longer restricting the number of groups in the building at one time. The number of groups will be based on room availability and group needs.
- Our social distancing guidelines have been removed.
- The kitchen continues to remain closed to food preparation.
- Merry-Go-Round Preschool space continues to remain closed to other building user groups and tenants.
If you would like to use church space, contact email@example.com. All scheduling is coordinated through our Office Manager for the Board of Trustees.